Tuesday, October 06, 2015

PHOTOS, VIDEO: Men And Women Take Off Their Clothes To Combat s*xual Violence

grid-cell-28820-1442383559-2
“My body. My terms,” is a slogan of a campaign aimed at combating s*xual violence, victim blaming and rising awareness among victims of abuse around the world.

New Zealand media company Villainesse  has launched #MyBodyMyTerms campaign to start a global conversation about s*xual violence and the importance of consent.
The video called to hit back at society’s understanding of s*xual abuse shows undressed men and women with the words “My body, my terms” written on different parts of their bodies.
grid-cell-28820-1442383562-8
They tell their own stories or just state personal opinions about se*uality, consent, revenge P0*n and r*pe culture. They also remind everyone that it’s only your right to decide what you do or do not do with your bodies.
grid-cell-28820-1442383561-5
“I respect myself and I deserve to be respected.” “Having safe, consensual s*x doesn’t make me a slut.” “My choice of clothing is not an invitation to assault or r*pe me.” “If she chooses to drink alcohol it doesn’t make her responsible for the criminal actions of others.”
enhanced-2238-1442379068-1
Lizzie Marvelly, Villainesse editor and creator of #MyBodyMyTerms, said: “I think that it’s really important that we talk openly about these issues. If we can start to remove some of the taboos around these controversial subjects, hopefully we can create a space for open and honest discussion.”
Watch video:

No comments:

Post a Comment